Amazon Web Services is widely used IaaS platform. AWS offer approx 55 services and mastering each services is very difficult. Some services is made for Network engineers, some for developers, and some for both. But we can have a brief look here about each services and what they are for. Let’s have AWS Services Overview
- EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud): Basic building block of AWS. It’s a Virtual machine inside a AWS cloud. It can be Linux, Windows or any other OS.
- EC2 Container Service: It’s an Docker implementation of AWS. You can start, stop, manage you docker container from this service.
- Elastic Beanstalk: Elastic Beanstalk allow us automatically create AWS infrastructure for your application.
- Lambda: Run your Code in Response to AWS Events like run the code if someone uploads a file to AWS S3. It’s a powerful feature that allow us to create and deploy application without a EC2 instance.
Storage & Content Delivery
- S3: Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is a cloud bases storage.
- CloudFront: AWS Content delivery network.
- Elastic File System: Managed file system for EC2 instances. It’s like a NAS storage which can be shared with multiple EC2 instances.
- Glacier: Archive Storage in the Cloud. Backup your data on Cloud with low cost.
- Import/Export Snowball: Amezon provides a storage device around 50TB encrypted with AES52. Store your large amount of data and send it to AWS. AWS will upload this data to S3 storage.
- Storage Gateway: Storage Gateway connects you on premise software appliance(provided by AWS) to AWS Cloud for seamless data integration.
- RDS: Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) allow us to create scaleble Relational Database engines like MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle and MSSSQL.
- DynamoDB: AWS implementation of NoSQL. Provides performance with seamless scalability.
- ElastiCache: In-Memory Cache implementation of AWS support two most popular caching engines Memcached and Redis.
- Redshift: AWS Data Warehousing service allow user to create RedShift clusters. Cluster can hold PetaByte data for analysis and business intelligence.
- DMS: Managed Database Migration Service allow to migrate database from one to another like MySQL to oracle or MSSQL.
- VPC: Amezon Virtual Private Cloud is an isolated network on AWS in which you can launch your AWS resources. It’s like a private network inside a AWS Cloud.
- Direct Connect: Dedicated private connection between your network or DataCenter and AWS. It’s allow us to connect our private and public resources at AWS.
- Route 53: AWS DNS service.
- CodeCommit: AWS private Git Implementation fast and secure
- CodeDeploy: Automate Code Deployments from Git or S3.
- CodePipeline: CodePipeline builds, tests, and deploys your code every time there is a code change, based on the release process models you define.
- CloudWatch: Monitor your AWS Resources and Applications health
- CloudFormation: Create templets for AWS resources for your application and launch all resources at once. A single templet will launch EC2, RDS, VPC at once.
- CloudTrail: Provide logs for AWS API usage and information about callers IP, Time, Request parameter etc. API caller can be Management Console, SDK or command line tools.
- Config: Track AWS resource config changes, provide notification. Like created or deleted resource on AWS.
- OpsWorks: OpsWorks is an chief automation tool implementation by AWS.
- Service Catalog: Create and Use Standardized Products
- Trusted Advisor: Best practice adviser service from AWS for security, performance, fault tolerance and cost optimization.
Security & Identity
- Identity & Access Management: Manage User accounts, access, roles and security keys. Provides granular control over your AWS resources.
- Directory Service: Microsoft Active Directory implementation by AWS. Can create or add to existing Active Directory domains.
- Inspector: Inspector is an automated security assessment service that helps improve the security and compliance of applications deployed on AWS
- WAF: AWS Web application firewall protect web server from exploits, SQL injection, cross site scripting and many other web attacks.
- Certificate Manager: Provision, Manage, and Deploy SSL/TLS Certificates
- Elastic MapReduce: Elastic MapReduce (EMR) is a Managed Hadoop Framework for quickly process of vast amount of data.
- Data Pipeline: Crate data processing workflow. Process your data from your AWS resources like S3 and RDS or your on premise data. Store result-sets to S3, RDS or EMR.
- Elasticsearch Service: ElasticSearch implementation of AWS. Create, manage and scale your Elastisearch nodes and cluster at AWS.
- Kinesis: Work with Real-Time Streaming Data, Process it and store it on S3 or RedShift.
- Machine Learning: Easily create application from Visualization tools.
Internet of Things
- AWS IoT: Connect any internet enabled device to AWS, store and manage it’s data, create application which can mange there devices from internet. It’s a bi-directional communication between AWS and your devices.
- GameLift: Deploy and Scale Session-based Multiplayer Games
- Mobile Hub: Build, Test, and Monitor Mobile Apps, store it’s data to AWS, Use CDN, authentication, push notifications, analytic.
- Cognito: Store mobile user data to AWS like user preferences and stats without writing a back-end code.
- Device Farm: Test Android, FireOS, and iOS Apps on Real Devices in the Cloud
- Mobile Analytics: Collect, View and Export App Analytics
- SNS: Push Notification Service for mobile devices.
- API Gateway: Build, Deploy and Manage APIs
- AppStream: Low Latency Application Streaming
- CloudSearch: Managed Search Service
- Elastic Transcoder: Easy-to-Use Scalable Media Transcoding
- SES: Email Sending and Receiving Service
- SQS: Message Queue Service
- SWF: Workflow Service for Coordinating Application Components
- WorkSpaces: Desktops in the Cloud
- WorkDocs: Secure Enterprise Storage and Sharing Service
- WorkMail: Secure Email and Calendaring Service