I have installed Windows server 2012 on my Intel Desktop DH61WW Board with Core i5 processor. With windows 8 everything was working fine but after installing Windows Server LAN driver become unavailable. I have downloaded LAN driver from Intel website for windows8 (For server it’s not available), but it produce and error that “Operating system is not supported“. This post is all about how you can manually install driver on windows server
Navigate to device manager through control panel and search for device manager.
Check if your Ethernet Controller is showing not installed and follow these steps..
1. Right Click and select “Update Drivers Software”
2. In Update driver wizard select “Browser my computer for drivers software”
3. Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer” and select next
4. Select “Intel Corporation” in manufacturer and “Intel(R)82579LM..” your network adapter.
5. You will get an Update Driver warning, ignore it and press yes for installation.
6. Wizard will install Ethernet driver and display a confirmation message that driver updated successfully.
7. Check your device manager and you will find that driver is successfully installed.
You also can use similar method for many other drivers and different Windows versions. If you find any issues you can comment here and we will back to you in no time.