I have just restarted my windows server box and it started on recovery mode, i tried to repair and no success. Every time i reboot i just boot into recovery mode. If you are facing such issues like
- You faced the Windows Server 2008 R2 Clean boot issue
- Windows Server 2008 R2 starts in recovery mode
- After installing windows updates on Windows server 2008 R2 system goes in recovery mode after reboot
- Safe mode also doesn’t work in above case and get stuck at classpnp.sys
Then this is the solution for all above:
1. Boot into Windows Recovery Mode
2. Open Command Prompt
sfc /SCANNOW /OFFBOOTDIR=C:\ /OFFWINDIR=C:\Windows
4. Goto “C:\Windows\winsxs\” check for pending.xml file. If it is present, then DELETE it.
5. Reboot the system.
6. Select normal boot mode.
You have done it! Now you system will reboot in normal mode. This issue is cause by corrupted system files or pending updated. sfc scan and repair all critical system files and deleting pending.xml to ensure no updates in pending status.