December 2013, Redhat announce the beta release of RHEL7. After a huge sucess of beta release Redhat announce the first RC release of RHEL7 which is available to download.
As per redhat says “Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 RC retains the key capabilities that have made Red Hat Enterprise Linux synonymous with security and stability in the open enterprise world, like SELinux, while also providing the flexibility and agility required in an operating system to tackle the challenges of modern infrastructure and next-generation computing.”
Key features in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 RC include:
- Expanded Windows interoperability capabilities, including integration with Microsoft Active Directory domains;
- Significant file system enhancements, including XFS as the default, scaling to support file systems up to 500 TB;
- Improved subsystem management through OpenLMI;
- Virtual machine (VM) migration from Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 hosts to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 hosts without downtime or VM modification;
- With an expansion of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 High-Touch Beta program, participants will have access to Docker container support with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 RC.